Thursday, September 15, 2011

Energy Shortage in Pakistan - What is the reason behind?

Today, 6:13 pm in the evening I was chatting with one of my football club colleague who is residing in Liverpool, UK right now. Suddenly heavy rain started with bang and after 6 or 7 minute later electricity was also gone (Our country Pakistan is facing the power shortage and it is now normal for us).
I thought how to utilize this spare time till the electricity come back? I looked my laptop battery which showed me 90% is in the reserve. So I decided to write down about this energy shortage problem which is part of our life now and almost we are living with it as accepted, “We have to live with it”.
What I do normally when electricity is not available? For me it is the most consumable time for writing articles for Triond……yes you read absolutely right.
First thing which I always make sure, my laptop battery must be full on arrival of load shading (electricity off). I am using DSL wireless which is also electronic based product so its natural I have no internet available so I choose one topic and start writing about it and keep writing until the electricity come back which is normally a hour long. Some times when during load shading rain also start and cause problem for transformers this duration convert into 3 hours which hurt me very badly because another problem start with it which is, “how to pass these 3 long hours?”.
Why we are facing this power shortage this is the very crucial question and everyone is trying to know the answer. The common answer which we all know is, we did not build a single dame in the last 60 years.  Some politicians who started an issue to gain some political votes from those people who will be victims of this one of the huge South Asian Dam if it built. They misled the people of Sindh and Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa (Frontier) by saying that this dam will bring drought in Sindh and will raise water level in Frontier which will deplete agriculture 70% which means more than 40% population of frontier will be loose their land and jobs as well. If I present facts than these two provinces are major victims who are facing natural disasters after every 2 year and losing more than what they thought will lose if dam built.
Well, whatever they think it is not the major cause of power shortage but it is part of it. Every government which came into power after 1968 they never thought about building other dams instead of Kalabagh Dam. They ignored it criminally and I blame all of them for these crises which start with Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, Zia ul Haq, Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Sharief, Shoukat Aziz, Ch. Shujaat Hussain and Parvez Musharraf. I hate all of them because in real life we (Pakistani people) are the real victims of this Energy Shortage.
Oooh it came back today so early …… WooHoo

This article first posted on Triond.com. Do you love writing? and looking for publishing your articles to earn some extra money? Than Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment